Monday, October 17, 2011

Overboard Part 3


Dale was another gentleman I photographed for my Overboard series.  I met Dale for the first time when I arrived to shoot his image.  To explain, I had been speaking with Jackie, a dear friend of mine, about my project.  Jackie insisted I must meet Dale, as he had a collection of tractors that was second to none.  It turned out that Dale was married to a former co-worker of mine.  (Small world, isn't it?!)  I called Dale, introduced myself, and explained what I was looking for with respect to adding his photograph to my series.  Dale happily agreed.  Upon arrival, I found the room featured in the picture in very much the same shape that it is seen.  Dale, as you can see, likes things neat and orderly.  Everyone of his tractors is lined up in a specific direction, and all like-type models are grouped together.  That is evident from the colors of the collection.  I did move a few of the tractors from their homes on the shelves, and arranged them on the floor.  The overarching theme of the shot relates to a boy with his toys - though Dale is obviously a man with some very expensive toys.  The natural light in the room was wonderful to work with as was Dale.

No comments:

Post a Comment